Monday, June 29, 2009

Location-based Dating


Speed dating took off around 2001 and recently I've heard the term "hurry" dating thrown around, but the newest and most tech-savvy way of meeting a significant other has got to be Meetmoi, location-based mobile dating. 

You can go to www.meetmoi.com to join the latest internet version of dating. Just set up your phone, create your dating profile and as you move around meetMoi updates your location in real time. When one of your matches is nearby, you get an alert on your phone. Open the alert and view your match’s pic and profile and if you like what you see, you make a connection via email, instant message or a wink. Or if you’re feeling really adventurous, you can meet in person. 

This does cost a fee and I'm not sure how much but if anyone has tried this, I would love to know. In theory, it seems like it makes sense but since a large majority of the population have jobs, it may be difficult to carry out. But I don't know. Maybe I'm just being cynical. Either way, I think it gives another meaning to the term 'smart phone.'


No comments:

Post a Comment