Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Does love make you gain weight?

I’ve often heard friends talk about how they always managed their weight well … until they fell in love. There’s something about being smitten that makes you crave pizza on the couch with a romantic movie, ice cream sundaes on a park bench on a hot summer night and sleeping in instead of getting up early to exercise. Snuggling under the covers with a new loved one is much more fun than sweatin' to the oldies or pounding the pavement in the south Florida sun.

I don’t think any of us are immune to this. Plus, I always think that if I’ve found someone and he likes me just the way I am, no reason to hit the gym, right? Isn’t that part of the reason why the gym is so intimidating? Because it’s full of good-looking, in-shape single people wearing make-up and cute hair accessories (the women in particular, of course)?

So here’s a new article from the Chicago Tribune about this very subject.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/health/sns-health-avoid-couple-weight-gain,0,7641761.story

No comments:

Post a Comment